Now that the course is beginning to roll, I have a few reminders about this website.
- This will continue to be an informal "advice and reminders" site, and it's really part of the course. I will probably post things here every week (and at the start of the course, every day), so you should keep coming back.
- The website isn't part of the Ashland University internet environment, and it's completely public, so it will keep going even if there's trouble with AU's server. It's also available to anyone with an Internet connection, so go ahead and refer your friends to this site if you like. (In the last 30 days, we've had readers from Belgium, Philippines, and Japan. The reader from Portugal seems especially faithful.)
- There's more to the site than the seven items you see on the first page.
- In the black banner at the top, you'll see the words "The rest of the blog." Click that to learn how to see more.
- If you click the thing that looks like three little lines ☰ you get a side menu which now has links to our Blackboard site and the alternate site for our syllabus and assignments. (They are also on Blackboard.)
- At the bottom of each item, you see a link which says "Post a Comment." Go ahead and do it! Your comment will not appear immediately—I must approve it first (I want to keep out abuse and attempts to sell us things) but I'll be very open to anything you wish to say. And If someone says something in a comment, you can post a reply.
- As I pointed out above, this is an extremely public page, so if you post something that is very personal or reveals too much about you, I might not approve it either. I want to protect you.