Blackboard is the Ashland University Learning Management System (LMS) which we will be using to deliver a LOT of the content in this course.
- Here is a direct link to Blackboard. Your Username is the part of your campus email address before the @ sign. Your Password is the same password you use to get into your email.
- If your name is not on the official roster for our course, you cannot get into our part of Blackboard. If you are registered for our course and cannot get in, the Registrar's office and/or the Information Technology people in Patterson Hall should be able to help.
- Blackboard sometimes has trouble, especially in the first week because of the enormous amount of traffic.
- If you cannot get in, our course has an alternate web site, where you can find the syllabus (with all of the reading assignments) and assignments for all of the essays.
- Be patient. If Blackboard or your Internet connection don't work too well, take a deep breath, take a sip of iced tea, and try again.
- My little "talking head" videos are not really essential to the course. If they are not working, don't worry. Try again later.
- If the Internet is down, do the textbook readings.
- Most of your rough-draft writing should be pen-and-paper anyhow, so if the Internet is not cooperating, there is a lot you can do.
- If you know that your Internet connection is undependable, download a copy of the web pages I've posted so you can read them when things don't work well.
- When you submit a paper through Blackboard, you should get an email notice that the paper actually went in. If you don't get that notice (or if Blackboard is having a bad day when you need to submit), send your paper as an email attachment to your instructor: firstname.lastname@example.org.