This morning faculty received an email from the Provost, saying that all instruction should move online for the rest of the semester.
Here is what this means for us:
- Cohort meetings scheduled for Friday, November 20, Monday, November 23, and Tuesday, November 24 are canceled.
- The semester is not done yet. We still have written assignments, readings, and other material in the folders for weeks 13, 14, and 15.
- The Provost's letter was a strong recommendation, not an absolute requirement, so your other teachers may or may not cancel classes. Watch your email for news from them about how they will handle things.
- You should watch for graded copies of your essays #4 and #5 to come to you by email.
- The course blog went to sleep for a couple of months, but I will bring it back to life and start posting things here.
- I am still reading and answering email.
Coming assignments which are still due:
- Friday, November 20: Essay #4, Arguing a Point
- Friday, December 4: Peer editing Essay #5 (We will do this by email; the instructions are in the folder for Week 14.)
- Friday, December 11: Essay #5, Literacy in the Workplace
- Friday, December 11: Short writing, Course Evaluation
I have a deadline too: I will have one week to grade all the papers which come in on December 11, so I am going to enforce the rule which I announced at the start of the semester: No written work will be accepted after midnight, December 11.
This has been a difficult semester for all of us. Better days are coming!