A few rules about essay submissions

Your first major essay is due in a few days, so here are a few last-minute rules about submissions in our course:

  • Papers are due at 11:59 PM. (I could not do 12:00 because computers cannot figure out whether 12:00 is noon or midnight.) If you miss that deadline, you can still submit, but the late penalty discussed in the syllabus applies.
  • I have set the number of attempts to “infinite,” so if you upload a draft in the morning and have a better idea in the afternoon, just load the new one. The only one I will read is the most recent.
  • I have disabled the option of typing the whole thing raw into the Blackboard drop box. (That causes trouble for both of us and does not allow you to show where your paragraphs are.) You will have to figure out how to type something in a word processing program and upload it.
  • If you decide to use the “Share” button in Google Docs or MS Word Online, I might not see your submission at all. Students who use this strategy often foul up the Permissions setting, so even if I can see that you sent something, I often cannot open it. And even when “Share” goes well (you got the permissions right and I happened to look at the correct email account), you have created extra work for me, so I will deduct points. Take a deep breath! Follow the instructions to download the file and then submit it through Blackboard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to English 100

Lunchroom Legends about College